It’s the fourth day of November and you know what that means… time for goal setting and pie consuming. November is one of my favorite months, and it has e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to do with the fact that Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
In honor of the month of giving thanks, here is a list of a few things I’m thankful for right now!
- My sassy professors and my TA’s Twitter account (and also teasing my TA about the tweets he writes about his students)
- My grandmother’s cute little laugh
- My amazing, friendly, funny, inspiring, friends. I know it’s cheesy to say, but the people in my life right now are all some of the best people I’ve ever met– 10/10 would recommend.
- The fact that I’m lucky enough to pursue an area of study I enjoy, and also have time to pursue my other hobbies such as blogging, photography, writing, and graphic design. School doesn’t dominate my entire life and even though there will come a time where it will have to, right now I’m just focused on riding the wave.
- The smell of rain
- My size 6 feet and the fact that shoes are never sold out in my size
- !!!!MY MOM!!!!!
Okay, now after that little celebratory aside, let’s talk goals. More importantly, the goals I set for myself last month.
♡ OCTOBER GOALS ♡
**crossed out are the ones I accomplished
- Sleep more
- This is such a hard one to cross one, especially when my alter ego is a perpetually strung out, stressed out, procrastination queen who likes to do her work UBER late at night.
- Stop spending so much
- Again, this one is harder than it seems. Makeup just keeps calling my name and I’m horrible at telling the little voice in my head to shut up. I’m a huge impulse buyer and splurger, and I’m entirely guilty of succumbing to my innermost desires. Oops.
Get out and shoot Reach 500 Twitter Followers Devote more time to Facebook & Pinterest groups Run for 35 minutes
- Finish the book I’m reading
- I’ve been so busy lately that reading hasn’t really been a priority to me. Instead of reading, I am usually just working on my blog or out taking photos instead.
Now for this month!
♡ NOVEMBER GOALS ♡
1. Post More
I don’t post as often as I’d like, so this month I want to do better. It’s not for lack of ideas, because I have an entire list of posts I have yet to write up… it mostly has to due with time and lack of pictures. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to my posts, and I don’t like to publish a post if the pictures fall short of what I want them to look like. I know perfection can never be achieved, but I do need to work on reminding myself that it’s okay to fall a little short sometimes.
2. Sleep More
This remains at the top of my to-do because lately I’ve been walking around like a sleep-deprived zombie… and I don’t like it one bit. I don’t like feeling tired all of the time, and I know that sleep is important to a balanced and healthy lifestyle; so I’m really trying my best to make sure it actually happens this month.
3. No-Spend November
Aside from my new tattoo and haircut (both necessary purchases IMO), I don’t plan to spend any money on extraneous purchases (*cough* like makeup, clothes, or shoes *cough*) for the entirety of this month. No-spend November starts now, and I plan to adhere pretty closely to it. We’ll see how well this goes… 😂😂😂
4. Reach 1.5k Twitter / 650 Bloglovin /2.5k Insta Followers
Surprise, surprise, more social media goals. Any blogger knows that the smaller the audience, the less social impact a blog makes. My hope for my own blog is that it will grow and inspire other women to unabashedly embrace who they are and who they want to be. Building an audience is a crucial part of that, so it is something I am trying to stay on top of. While I definitely don’t believe numbers or follower count makes a blog, I do believe that they assist in spreading the message you hope to project to the world.
5. Focus More in Class
I have a horrible time focusing in class, and it usually has to do with the fact that my laptop is distracting and because I learn quickly enough that I feel as though I don’t have to pay attention 24/7. This is perhaps not the best habit to fall into, so I’m trying to put my technology away and focus more in class.
6. Schedule Time for Brand Outreach
I’ve gotten offers from a few random brands already, but I really want to devote more time to writing promotional proposals, and doing more branch research+outreach as I work towards eventual monetization with my blog.
7. Take Part in More Twitter Chats
So far I’ve taken part in a few Twitter chats that I’ve absolutely adored, but I’d love to get a little more involved, especially since the beauty (and overall) blogging community is filled with such amazing, supportive people. I think it’s essential to build a sense of community in whatever blogging niche you’re in, so I really want to get more on top of participating in the chats!
8. Get Over my Fear of Vlogging
I’ve gotten a few Twitter requests to do a makeup tutorial and, in the past, I’ve always been slightly averse to being recorded or watching myself on video, mostly because I don’t like the sound of my own voice and pick apart my mannerisms when I’m in front of the camera. However, I’d love to do a makeup tutorial for you all, so if I have the time I will either upoad it in a video form or a post.
….aaand that’s all for this month!
Wish me luck, and drop a comment! Let me know what you’re thankful for and what your November goals are too. I always love hearing what you guys hope to accomplish as well!