6 Ways to Use Bumble & Bumble Dryspun Finish

pb050919

As someone with perpetually flat hair, no matter what I do, my hair always slumps like it’s sad and in desperate need of life. I’ve searched for YEARS for a product to make it puffy and voluminous but to no avail… until I found the Bumble & Bumble Dryspun Finish.

Now, I will disclaim I’m not a fan of hairsprays, gels, or anything that makes your hair feel like a cardboard box. I like the natural texture of my own hair and I won’t put anything in it that makes it look odd or uncomfortable to touch.

E N T E R: Bumble & Bumble Dryspun Finish (a.k.a the answer to flat hair everywhere).

The spray retails for $31 for a 4oz container… which is pretty good considering some hair products are super expensive (upwards of $40-$60).

Now, there are a couple reasons I love this product:

• It makes your hair look and feel like a fluffy cloud
  • Non-abrasive to the touch
  • Subtle but fresh fragrance
  • You don’t need to use a lot of it
  • Doesn’t make your hair feel like straw

While it’s technically a hairspray, it doesn’t feel like one. The Bumble & Bumble Dryspun Finish is a necessity for those looking to add texture and volume; and it doesn’t leave the residual feeling of stiffness like most hairsprays. It also doesn’t make me gag when I accidentally spray it in my face, so it deserves like, 50 extra bonus points for that.

On top of that, can you believe it’s also multipurpose (wow I sound like an infomercial, I swear I wasn’t given this hairspray, I just love it a lot)?! You can use this spray a total of about six different ways. Check out how I use it by clicking the read more below!

pb050912-copy

1. Volume

To achieve maximum volume, all you have to do is spray B&B underneath the roots, flip your hair upside down, do some rockstar hair flips, and BAM you’ve got all the volume you need for the day. This spray is my secret weapon when my hair looks flat and lifeless, and now I’m sharing it with you. You’re welcome 😛😛

2. Dry Shampoo

Haven’t washed your hair in a day? Fear not, you can also spray the Dryspun Finish at the roots, run your hands through your hair, and presto, your hair magically transforms from an unkept and unwashed mess into a beautiful head of beachy waves. The texture looks and feels amazing, even on unwashed hair.

3. Hairspray

This hairspray is also perfect as, well, actual hairspray. If you’re looking for a lighter oomph after you curl your hair, all you need to do is spray on some B&B and your curls stay fluffy and tight all day without weighing your hair down!

4. Shine

I also use the B&B Dryspun finish to give the appearance of extra shine. I’ll usually do one quick spray over the top of my head and comb it through my roots.

5. Post-Blowout

I always use this spray after I blow dry my hair. After flipping my head upside down, I’ll do a quick spray at the root and the tips. I’ve noticed that it prevents my blowouts from falling flat as the day goes on.

6. Giving the Appearance of Thickness

Lastly, for those looking to give the illusion of thick hair, look no further. If you spray B&B at the tips and throughout the midsection of the hair, it helps gives the illusion of thickness.

♡ QUESTIONS for Y-O-U ♡

If you happened to read this post all the way through, I commend you. Have you ever tried B&B products? If so, what’s your favorite? If not what’s your favorite way to achieve maxima-volume? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂

If you want to see how my hair looked after using the spray, click here!

Thanks for stopping by!

signature

TWITTERINSTAGRAM  |  SNAPCHAT  |  BLOGLOVIN

Share:

36 Comments

1. November 6, 2016 / 8:44 pm

Ok hold up, how have I not heard of this miracle product before?? I’ve used the B&B City Spray (or whatever it’s called) before and I really liked that, but I 100% need this in my life! Thank you for showing me this!!

Amy x

• November 6, 2016 / 8:46 pm

Your hair will not be the same again and I can promise you that you won’t look for another volumizing product after you try out this one! I’m glad I could be of some help! It’s definitely, 110% worth checking out! 🙂

2. November 7, 2016 / 2:33 am

I’ve never heard of this product, but I’ve used several Bumble and Bumble products and have always been happy with my results…I’ll have to give this one a whirl! 🙂

• November 7, 2016 / 2:44 am

It’s definitely worth giving a try! It’s so multipurpose and just makes your hair look awesome overall 🙂

3. blair villanueva
    November 7, 2016 / 9:45 am

I’ve looking for a right hairspray for me, I think I’ll give it a try. Thanks dear!

• November 7, 2016 / 4:39 pm

You’re welcome! I’m glad this was of some help at least c:

4. November 7, 2016 / 11:53 am

I have the exact same problem as you, my hair is so flat cos it’s fine and nothing seems to help that much. I also hate putting too much product in my hair it just weighs it down and makes it feel horrible. This spray sounds amazing though. Iv been wanting to try Bumble and Bumble for a while now, I love that this has 6 purposes! Need to give it a go.

The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

• November 7, 2016 / 4:41 pm

My hair is thick but so thick that it’s easily weighed down and will sometimes look flat. This spray really helped bring some life to it and Bumble and Bumble is an amazing brand! I’ve only heard good things about it. Definitely worth checking out!

5. Imaobong
    November 7, 2016 / 11:59 am

I’ve never tried B and B products, in fact I barely have time to try out hair products outside my norm, but I’d keep this in mind!

6. November 7, 2016 / 1:37 pm

Oh cool. I’ve always been curious about dry shampoo. I might have to try to use it. Thank you for the review!

• November 7, 2016 / 4:41 pm

It’s not really dry shampoo, it’s more of hairspray, but it definitely doubles as dry shampoo as one of its uses!

7. November 7, 2016 / 3:40 pm

I always use salon products so haven’t heard of this even though I am familiar with the brand. I actually just ran out of spray. My hair is straight as an arrow and flat to my skull. It takes forever to get volume. I’ll look this up.

• November 7, 2016 / 4:43 pm

I have always had exactly the same problem with extra-straight, super-flat hair, this spray is better than most salon products I’ve tried when it comes to volumizing. It also doesn’t leave any weird residue or feel strange.

8. November 7, 2016 / 5:28 pm

I’ve never heard of this but anything that makes the hair look thicker is always great!

9. November 7, 2016 / 5:53 pm

I have used their shampoo. I really need this product since I have very fine and limp hair.

10. November 7, 2016 / 9:06 pm

I’ve never heard of these before but my hair is very straight and flat its worse when it’s long, i could do with something that would give it some volume.

11. November 8, 2016 / 1:31 am

Sounds great! My hair is super curly but when I straighten it, it’s terribly flat. I like the versatility but I gotta have some volume even when I straighten it. Any product that can make yet hair look fuller is a winner in my opinion.

• November 8, 2016 / 1:58 am

Oh my gosh totally! I just loved how this product was multipurpose, whether it was volume, texture, or thickness, it really brought it all in one bottle! Worth picking one up, especially since it seems as if it’d provide some sort of benefit for every single type of hair!

12. November 8, 2016 / 1:46 am

This spray sounds awesome! I’m right with you on not wanting to put too much roduct inyour hair, I like it very natural-feeling!

• November 8, 2016 / 1:56 am

Yes! The best part about the B&B spray is that it’s so easy to forget you’re even wearing it at all, and the texture looks like you just came straight from the beach. So worth the investment!

13. November 8, 2016 / 2:02 am

I SWEAR by Bumble and Bumble products. I use their serum before I straighten my hair and I also use their volumizing hairspray when I leave it curly. It’s the only thing I can keep in my hair that doesn’t make it feel “mousey” but still keeps its waves!

• November 8, 2016 / 2:56 am

This was the first B&B product I really tried and I can for sure say that I’m liking the brand a lot! I’ll be sure to check those out when I go shopping for hair products next. I totally agree with the fact that it doesn’t make it feel mousy but gives it the look that mousses and regular hairsprays do!

14. November 8, 2016 / 4:06 am

I have heard a lot about B&B but I have never used it. I have very thick hair so volume has never been an issue for me but yes good dry shampoo is something I hunt for. I will look for it in stores!

• November 8, 2016 / 4:46 pm

I have thick hair as well, but it works awesome as a dry shampoo if you just spray a little at the roots!

• November 10, 2016 / 7:46 pm

Glad it was somewhat informative! Thanks for stopping by!

15. November 8, 2016 / 6:03 am

This sounds really great because the day after I wash my hair it goes flat. However, it’s poofy the day that I wash it. Go figure. I would like to try this product! Great find!

Beth || http://www.TheStyleBouquet.com

• November 8, 2016 / 4:45 pm

It’s a great product and you can find a bunch of different uses for it! I love it so far and I find a way to use it every day! I’m just scared of the day it runs out… hehe

16. Stacey
    November 8, 2016 / 11:16 pm

I’ve never tried B&B, I really need to don’t I! Especially for a bit of volume, that’s one thing my hair seems to be lacking!

Great read Hun,

Stacey White

17. Stacey
    November 8, 2016 / 11:16 pm

Great read Hun, really informative and useful!

Stacey White

18. Anosa
    November 8, 2016 / 11:16 pm

Not tried any B&B products before, I am suffering with my hair currently so using a new product if it fails I will try this one

19. November 9, 2016 / 10:12 am

I always wanted to try some bumble & bumble products, I always hear so much good stuff from this brand! But I could never decide which product I should buy. Maybe this Dryspun Finish Spray would be also good for my hair. 🙂 I have quite thick hair but my roots get always so flat.

• November 10, 2016 / 7:40 pm

Bumble & Bumble is great if you want products that don’t change the consistency of your hair too much and want something a little more natural to styling than a heavy hold hairspray or hard gel! The Dryspun Finish is great and I’d definitely recommend for natural looking volume! 🙂 I have thick hair myself but it always falls flat and this really was the magic solution!

20. November 10, 2016 / 1:31 am

Wow this looks like a must have product! Never tried B&B and I don’t care if you were given this – you just made me want it lol.
    Seriously, love this review and your style, keep it up! 🙂

• November 10, 2016 / 2:22 am

Haha thank you! It definitely brought my hair to new heights (heh heh literally). One of the best hair purchases I’ve invested in! Glad I could introduce it to you! 🙂