Holiday Gift Guide: For Him

holiday-gift-guide-for-him

It’s that time of the year again! Holiday bells are ringing and the festivity of the seasonal spirit is in full swing before Thanksgiving has even begun! Kudos to our consumerist culture for making us feel like we should begin our Christmas shopping beginning Black Friday all the way up until the magic day! Whoopee to showering our loved ones in jewelry, money, and gifts oh my!

Though I don’t support the culture around excess spending (even if I may be guilty of it myself), I do like to get a head start on my own Christmas shopping. I’ve noticed that pushing it off until the last minute doesn’t work for me. You know the mental image of a woman pulling out her hair as she throws everything haphazardly into her shopping cart, strolling down the aisles of her local Walmart? Yeah, I don’t want that person to be me.

This is why I’ve decided to do a holiday gift guide in the weeks leading up to Christmas/Hanukkah/whatever Holiday you happen to celebrate. Of course these gifts can be used for any occasion (like birthdays, holidays, or celebrations), but I figured this would be the perfect time of year for this kind of post.

This gift guide is specifically catered towards the men in your life, whether that be your brother, boyfriend, guy friend, or coworker. Though this is, by no means, a hard and fast guide, I hope that it will inspire other gift ideas and help turn Christmas shopping into a breeze. Check out my favorite items to gift below!

photo-1448832945950-bc85f82891bd

For Your Boyfriend

• Beef jerky (unless he’s vegetarian)
  • Jar of date night ideas or all the things you love about him
  • A bag of gummy bears with the note ‘Life without you is unBEARable’
  • A scarf + gloves
  • Cologne
  • Beanie (because let’s be real, how cute are boys in beanies?)
  • Framed picture of you two together
  • A collection of candy bars
  • A little box of his favorite things (movie / food / album)
  • Razor set
  • His favorite liquor with a movie, candy bar, and popcorn attached
  • New wallet
  • Roku Streaming Stick
  • Call of Duty / other videogames
  • Hoodie
  • Boxers
  • Speaker
  • Knife
  • Coffeemaker
  • 5 Senses Gift
  • DIY His & Her mugs
  • A playlist with a handwritten note attached
  • An engraved lighter
  • Matching couples bracelets
    • My favorite couples bracelets can be found here. I got a set for my boyfriend and I, and they are absolutely beautiful.
  • Open-When letters

For Your Father

• Book
  • Wine Cooler
  • Luggage
  • Watch
  • Make your own beer mug
  • Money clip

• Tea / Coffee
  • Hat
  • Figurine
  • Desk topper / paperweight
  • Desk calendar
  • Smartphone stand

I actually love shopping for men as I find them to be quite straightforward. I’ve already got a few ideas floating around in my head as to what I want to get for my boyfriend. Are you excited for Christmas? Did this list help give you any ideas when it comes to buying presents for the men in your life? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for stopping by! Next up on the list is a Gift Guide: For Her!

TWITTERINSTAGRAM  |  SNAPCHAT  |  BLOGLOVIN

60 Comments

1. November 10, 2016 / 7:56 am

Great gif guide for the men in our lives. I always get my father a bottle of good cocnag and my brother some pyjamas or a book – other than that we try to follow with the non materialistic gifts like concert or theatre tickets, restaurant evenings or holiday plans.

• November 10, 2016 / 7:37 pm

I like the nonmaterialistic gift ideas! I love handmaking gifts where I can, and it’s always much more meaningful than storebought gifts that can easily be discarded or regifted!

• November 10, 2016 / 7:33 pm

Thanks! I’m glad it could be of some help 🙂

2. Jasmin N
    November 10, 2016 / 3:19 pm

These are some amazing suggestions! My brother is so young that I usually get him a new toy & a bunch of clothes but for my grandpa, I’ve given a bottle of good cocnag every year haha 😀 Don’t know what to get for my husband yet, though, I guess it’ll be something hockey related haha 😀

~ Jasmin N
    littlethingswithjassy.blogspot.fi

• November 10, 2016 / 7:30 pm

Ah yes! Toys, clothes, and SHOES (for young boys) are always my go-to! For my Grandfather I always get one of those huge tubs of popcorn and socks 😂😂 You can never go wrong with buying something related to his hobby, making a present, or buying food haha

3. November 10, 2016 / 3:41 pm

Great gift guide… thanks a ton this is soo helpful 😊👍🏼

4. November 10, 2016 / 4:09 pm

Auwww….fantastic idea. It give me so many and fresh idea to buy some Christmas present for my family and hubby.
    I absolutely really love this post and all the Christmas present list.
    Thank you for sharing dear.

Kintan XO,

• November 10, 2016 / 7:28 pm

Aw thank you! I’m glad it could inspire some ideas! 🙂

5. November 10, 2016 / 10:09 pm

I love these ideas! I usually get my husband something from Etsy and a funny t-shirt. I’m also giving him a hat press this year since he needs one.

• November 12, 2016 / 8:31 pm

Yes! Etsy is always my go to for presents for my significant other. I’ve never heard of a hat press! What is it?

6. November 10, 2016 / 11:55 pm

I’ll probably give my boyfriend an entrance ticket to a spa or something. He’s been wanting to visit an ice sauna for while now but hasn’t done it yet because of the price, so it might make a good christmas gift.

• November 12, 2016 / 8:31 pm

That’s really adventurous! I’m sure he’ll love it! The key to a great gift is just knowing what the person you’re shopping for likes and wants, really. That sounds like an awesome gift though!

7. November 11, 2016 / 1:14 am

Looking forward to that guide to gifting her. 😉
    Thanks!

+-+-~+-+
    Bosh Uganda

8. November 11, 2016 / 2:19 am

I love a great gift guide post! It’s so great to find items that you wouldn’t have seen before.

9. November 11, 2016 / 2:34 am

This is a great list of options! I struggle every year finding nice things for my dad and stepdad! This will help 🙂

• November 11, 2016 / 6:02 am

That was the goal! Thanks so much for stopping by! xox

10. November 11, 2016 / 4:26 am

This is a great post! I never know what to get for the men in my life so these gave me plenty of ideas! 🙂

Nicole | The Glam Surge

• November 11, 2016 / 6:01 am

Yay! I’m so glad it helped! 🙂 Shopping for my boyfriend is one of my favorite things to do, even though he hates to be spoiled so it really forces me to get creative and think of the most meaningful present instead of just buying him something stupid.

• November 12, 2016 / 8:28 pm

Thanks a bunch! Glad they could be of some use!

11. November 11, 2016 / 12:50 pm

great list for those struggling to buy for the men in their lives 🙂 thanks for sharing 🙂

• November 12, 2016 / 8:28 pm

You’re welcome! I figured sometimes men can be either ridiculously easy to shop for or ridiculously hard, so out popped a guide! heh heh

12. blair villanueva
    November 11, 2016 / 3:10 pm

thanka for sharing your list! Recently, I’ve been too busy to shop for my brother’s gifts so i decided to be Asian Chinese traditional and just gave him an Ampao (red envelope) with cash inside.

• November 12, 2016 / 8:30 pm

There’s certainly nothing wrong with traditional, and let’s be real, who DOESN’T like money? 😉

13. November 11, 2016 / 4:50 pm

I’m struggling with present ideas for my dad and brother so this list has really helped to give me ideas for what to get them – thanks!
    By the way, I love the layout of your blog – it’s so sleek! 😊

• November 12, 2016 / 8:27 pm

So glad to hear it! Thank you! I have a passion for graphic design and minimalism so I stuck to mostly black and white 🙂

14. November 11, 2016 / 5:24 pm

This gift guide is awesome. Love how u broke it down for the carious men that may be in your life. I can’t believe it’s already time for holiday gift guides!

• November 12, 2016 / 8:27 pm

I was initially going to do it all in one and then I realized most of the stuff I was putting on the list was for a spouse and not a father/brother/coworker/etc haha. Glad it could be of some use! Christmas is coming right up indeed (it’s crazy isn’t it?).

15. November 11, 2016 / 8:35 pm

I love your guide. It’s pretty resourceful. I’m not too sure how my guy friends would like the Beef Jerky though. LOL!

• November 12, 2016 / 8:26 pm

LOL totally! It’s really a hit or miss. Some like the beef, some don’t! You can’t go wrong with other types of food though! :”D

16. November 12, 2016 / 12:38 am

Great gift ideas! Definitely referring back to this when I go gift shopping.

• November 12, 2016 / 8:25 pm

Me too! I can’t wait for Thanksgiving and then Christmas after that!

17. November 12, 2016 / 6:40 am

Some really great gift ideas for him! At times it becomes really difficult to select gifts for men’s!

• November 12, 2016 / 8:25 pm

Totally agreed! Usually you can’t go wrong with clothes or food though, especially since men have so many little accessories they can actually get use out of, like belts, watches, socks, etc.

18. November 12, 2016 / 4:59 pm

This is good list! Love the stuff for the dad. Got inspired now! Should start my Xmas shopping soon I guess!

XX
    Nadine Cathleen
    Karateandcaviar.com

• November 12, 2016 / 8:24 pm

Yay! Glad the guide could be of some help! 🙂 Happy holiday shopping!

19. November 12, 2016 / 8:21 pm

Guys are easier to shop for I feel.they are well decided about what they want and get exactly what they want.

• November 12, 2016 / 8:23 pm

I actually feel the same exact way! It’s always been a breeze shopping for the men in my life, but women are much more difficult. It’s also difficult to decipher what exactly specific women will actually get use out of vs. what they may smile and say “Thank you” for but not use.

20. November 13, 2016 / 12:23 pm

That gummybear idea is absolutely adorable! It’s my boyfriend’s birthday in 2 weeks and I’m SO gonna buy him some. Thanks for the inspo.

Love, Kerstin

• November 14, 2016 / 8:13 am

I know! I love couples gifts, they make my heart hurt :”)

21. November 13, 2016 / 1:03 pm

This is an amazing list! I know for sure my boyfriend would be all over this stuff!! Thanks for sharing!

• November 14, 2016 / 8:13 am

Really glad this list was of some use! Best of luck and thanks for stopping by! 🙂

22. Shane
    November 13, 2016 / 7:05 pm

Such a comprehensive list! I love giving the gift of experiences that you can have together – the most memorable

23. November 14, 2016 / 5:29 pm

These was really helpful!

24. CourtneyLynne
    November 15, 2016 / 4:07 am

Omg so many fabulous gift suggestions!!! I will have to keep a few of these in mind for hubby!

25. December 8, 2016 / 7:38 pm

Wow you got some really good ideas! I might share your post with some of my friends that are desperate because could only buy some bits and bobs.

• December 18, 2016 / 6:05 am

Honestly that’s what the post is for– to help with gift giving ideas in times of struggle! 🙂

26. December 8, 2016 / 8:07 pm

These are really great ideas – thanks for sharing! I was starting to get really stuck with my husband, father-in-law and brother-in-law!

• December 18, 2016 / 6:06 am

Really glad they could be of some help! 🙂

27. December 8, 2016 / 8:14 pm

Love all these ideas, there is certainly plenty to choose from. I usually get my partner gadget type gifts as that’s what he is really into, this year I’ve got him an Amazon Echo dot and Chromecast Ultra as well as a few other small items but I do find men quite hard to buy for so I’m the opposite of you 😄

28. December 8, 2016 / 8:18 pm

Love this gift guide!! I love how you covered all the different guys in your life and included a variety of different options!! 🙂

29. December 8, 2016 / 11:01 pm

This is gonna be helpful dear. Thanks for sharing these ideas – loved them all! 🙂

30. December 9, 2016 / 12:15 pm

You have some fab gift ideas! I like how you have broke them down into types of men💛