Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette (& Bronzer)— Yay or Nay?

Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette Review

A welcome revival from summer’s past, Too Faced made the choice to re-release the Limited Edition Sweet Peach Palette just in time for the holiday season, complete with an entire accompanying collection of Sweet Peach products to boot. It was why I couldn’t help but treat myself to the palette and accompanying bronzer just in time for the holidays. 🎁 Merry Christmas to me, right? 🎅🎄

Before I launch into the gist of the review, can I just preface by saying how t h r i l l e d I was to see Too Faced expanding their line with an all-new collection beyond their already-popular Chocolate Bar products. In a way, the entire Sweet Peach collection felt like an unexpected yet welcome Christmas surprise due to the limited exposure of the palette before its release.

Also, despite the fact that I love Too Faced’s Chocolate Bar line dearly, I was ready for Too Faced to release anything that deviated from the overly-sensationalized all matte trend that has dominated the pervasive beauty sphere of 2016. While I love an all-matte color scheme, there is only so much a girl can take before she walks down the aisles of Sephora and comes out looking like she rolled in hot chocolate mix.

What happened to the shimmer, the shine? The luster? The gloss?

Maybe I’m just being greedy when I say that I want it all… I want to have my cake and eat it too. Don’t get me wrong– I love matte… probably more than the average person, but I also want the glossy, the shimmer, and the shine that makes me feel like a walking diamond.

Enter Too Faced’s Sweet Peach Collection.

Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette Review

♡ First Impressions ♡

Price

The Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette is valued at $49 and the bronzer at $30. These are by no means cheap, but with the eyeshadow palette, you are paying for a whopping eighteen eyeshadows that are .95g per each pan. That’s roughly 17.1g total of product. Need I mention this palette is the same price as Too Faced’s Chocolate palettes with two additional shades per palette. Some people pay $42 for a Kyshadow Palette that only has 9-12 shades. For seven dollars more, you can get double the amount with the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette.

Additionally the Papa Don’t Peach bronzer has 9g total of product, which is not a bad amount for the value. I will also disclaim that the price of these products are not unusual for brand name makeup, much as they may seem.

Packaging

Oh. my. gosh. Too Faced’s packaging is CRIMINALLY cute. They are probably my favorite brand, aside from the Balm, when it comes to packaging and marketing… and anyone who knows me knows I can be a stickler when it comes to packaging.

Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette Review

IMO, if I am investing hard earned dollars into high end makeup, I want every aspect of the purchase to be worth it– including the packaging. I am a firm believer in not buying into brands whose packaging I despise and have to look at every time I open my makeup drawer.

BUT, aside from that little tangent, very few words on the Sweet Peach packaging are needed. Everything from the font to the way the entire Sweet Peach collection is marketed is perfect.

Papa Don't Peach Review

Shipping

Though it was my own fault for placing this order 4 days before Christmas, Too Faced gifted me with FREE two day shipping and express delivery! I could not have been more blown away by the company’s promise to get everything on my doorstep by Christmas morning. Lo and behold, it came in time complete with a 20% off coupon on my next purchase AND this super adorable sweet peach makeup bag!

♡ Sweet 🍑 Eyeshadow Palette ♡

Formula

One thing I noticed about the Sweet Peach Eyeshadows were that they were buttery, thick, and highly pigmented. Though the shadows apply very smoothly on the lid, it is essential to use a light hand as it’s easy to use way too much (made that mistake, 0/10 would not recommend). Additionally, the other thing I loved about these shadowers were the lack of fallout. There was, impressively enough, very little compared to other palettes I have tried and used.

However, the one thing that earns a major thumbs down is the overpowering scent of the palette. I find the smell of the peach incredibly unappealing and think that it could have been a more subtle fragrance instead of an aggressively-artificial peach smell. While I can see most people loving it– I was not one of them.

Colors

At first I was hesitant to buy this palette on account of loathing how most shades of peach look on me, but after closer examination, discovered this palette actually has very few bright peach shades. I like how they based their color scheme around complimentary peach shades– so they have shades like Peach Pit and Charmed I’m Sure which can be used to complement shadows like Candied Peach or Bellini.

I also like how unusual and versatile these colors are. There are a nice mix of both warm and cool tones, and matte and shimmer shades. Let me just say– the shimmer shades really do shimmer on the lid. Instead of looking like straight-up sparkle central, the shadows resemble a reflective pool of water when applied– smooth, subtle, and with a glossy sheen on top.

♡ Papa Don’t 🍑 Bronzer ♡

… and now, onto the bronzer!

Color

Guys– this bronzer is such a pretty shade of rosy peach, I can’t even get over it! When applied, Papa Don’t Peach gives a beautifully natural looking flush, and is extremely versatile as it can be used for summer, spring, and winter looks depending on how much is used and how heavily it is applied.

Final Thoughts

I have worn Papa Don’t Peach every day since the day I got it, though I use it as a blush rather than a bronzer. It has become my go-to for a natural looking flush, and I find that it mimics more of a “ski-bunny-who-just-hit-the-slopes” look than an overly peachy glow (which I much prefer anyhow). Considering my skin errs on the fairer side during the wintertime, I can safely endorse that it’s not too overpowering or bright of a color, which I love.

Below you can see what it looks like on me! I just love it… 💯/10, would definitely recommend 🙌🙌

♡ YAY or NAY? ♡

Finally the verdict you’ve all been waiting for– yay or nay?

*Drumroll pleaaaase*….

… and it’s a YAY from me!

Overall, I love this palette, and I’ve found that it’s the one I now reach for instead of my Kyshadow or Too Faced Natural Matte palettes, both of which I tend to use for my everyday looks. The one thing I enjoy about this palette is that it can be used to create a seductive smoky eye just as much as it can be used to create a bright, shimmery, peachy spring look. It’s super versatile and is one of those palettes you can carry alone when you travel to create any kind of look you want!

♡ Questions for Y-O-U ♡

Literally, you deserve the biggest round of applause in the world if you got through my long winded makeup analysis of Too Faced’s Sweet Peach products.

Now it’s your turn (if you love makeup as much as I do)– what do you think of Too Faced’s Sweet Peach collection? Are there any particular products in the lineup that you’re dying to try out yourself?

Let me know in the comments below!

TWITTERINSTAGRAM  |  SNAPCHAT  |  BLOGLOVIN

40 Comments

1. Katie
    January 9, 2017 / 11:16 pm

I don’t like peach tones or scents so I’ve generally been avoiding this whole collection, although I love the purple colors in the palette! I think for now I’ll stick with their chocolate products!

• January 10, 2017 / 12:35 am

That’s what I thought too unless I looked at the shades up close and fell in love with them– but I get what you mean by not liking the scent… neither do I. The purples and the browns in the palette are nice though! Thanks for stopping by! xo

2. January 9, 2017 / 9:46 pm

The packaging on these is so adorable!

• January 9, 2017 / 9:51 pm

They really are! I’m in love with all of Too Faced’s packaging though so I can’t really talk from an unbiased perspective haha!

3. January 9, 2017 / 11:16 pm

Great review! I’ve been eyeing this palette lately. It looks so beautiful, especially the packaging. If I wasn’t on a spending ban right now, I would of snapped it up right away! Haha. I’d love to see you create some looks using this palette 🙂

Nicole | The Glam Surge

• January 9, 2017 / 11:40 pm

Hey Nicole! I tip my hat off to you– I wish I was able to stick to a spending ban… alas, here I am. I’ll definitely think about it and potentially upload some! I’m probably going to use this shadow for a photoshoot tomorrow so I just might! The packaging on this baby is just… gorgeous, I can’t stop touching it and playing with it and dabbing my fingers in the little eyeshadow pans (whoops).

Thanks for stopping by!

• January 10, 2017 / 7:21 pm

You definitely won’t regret buying Papa Don’t Peach! I use it everyday more than the palette and I absolutely love it.

4. Karolina
    January 10, 2017 / 3:10 pm

The packaging is just amazing, so beautiful! I was exactly the same when I noticed that Too Faced expanded their range, they have just got so many amazing products! x

Karolina

• January 10, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Ugh I know! I am absolutely never disappointed– bless Too Faced! I love the brand!

5. Sara
    January 12, 2017 / 12:19 am

“Too Faced” love this name so much! I think the packaging itself is nice and young and definitely eye-catching. Very cute, no I just need to try it!

• January 12, 2017 / 11:26 pm

I know! The entire brand is so cute and quirky and punny, I just can’t get enough of their products. It’s definitely got such a playful, youth appeal as well. Would definitely recommend!

6. Devina
    January 12, 2017 / 5:44 am

What pretty colors and the branding is AMAZING! Have to go check it out for sure!

• January 12, 2017 / 11:25 pm

Yes! Here’s to hoping you get the chance to! 🙂

7. blair villanueva
    January 12, 2017 / 7:46 am

I honestly haven’t tried Too Faced cosmetics, but these looks soo pretty like chocolates! I would be happy to have these. Definitely a huge YAY!

• January 12, 2017 / 11:22 pm

Oh my! Too Faced will change your life if you’re as much of a makeup junkie as I am! Even buying their Born this Way concealer is life changing lsdkjflsj.

8. January 12, 2017 / 8:43 am

These do look nice. I haven’t heard of this brand before. But the colors are all pretty.

• January 12, 2017 / 11:20 pm

Too Faced is my favorite brand. They have the best makeup!

9. January 12, 2017 / 8:52 am

I will definitely be on the lookout for both of these. They look so gorg!! and my 13 year old would be super excited to try them out too.

• January 12, 2017 / 11:19 pm

They really are fun colors to experiment and create new looks with. Thanks for stopping by!

• January 12, 2017 / 11:16 pm

Thank you so much! The bronzer/blush is so essential to any blush drawer, imo. It really does give such a soft cute glow!

10. January 12, 2017 / 11:01 am

The colors are pretty and so is the package. I don’t usually buy high end makeup so I’ll never probably experience the luxury of it unless someone gifts it to me.

• January 12, 2017 / 11:15 pm

Understandably… the color scheme is fun and summer-spring-y isn’t it though?

11. January 12, 2017 / 11:02 am

I’ve seen tons of happy comments about this collection! I’m going to have to give it a try!

• January 12, 2017 / 11:13 pm

I would recommend checking it out! You won’t be disappointed and these are such fun colors in the palette too!

12. January 12, 2017 / 12:57 pm

It’s so much fun to play in makeup. The shades included in the palatte above are gorgeous!

• January 12, 2017 / 11:12 pm

I thought so too! Thanks for stopping by!

13. Crissy
    January 12, 2017 / 1:11 pm

I’ve seen a lot of beauty bloggers post images of these palette! The colors are indeed beautiful and the packaging is just so cute!!! I haven’t really gotten a lot of Too Faced brand makeup but I will give them credit on how creative they get with the items they release. Thanks for reviewing the products, it was cool to check it out.

~Crissy

• January 12, 2017 / 11:10 pm

These palettes are definitely very popular right now (as are most products Too Faced releases). I really haven’t been disappointed though and I find Too Faced products are often well worth the investment!

14. Chelsea
    January 12, 2017 / 5:31 pm

Love this review. I have been eyeing the palette and think I’m going to take the peach plunge! And yes the packaging is so cute right?

– Chelsea

• January 12, 2017 / 11:09 pm

It’s absolutely adorable! Too Faced never really disappoints when it comes to the packaging!

15. January 13, 2017 / 11:12 pm

I’m obsessed with Too Faced. Absolutely love their products. I’ve never heard of this palette, but I’m definitely going to check it out on my next trip to Sephora! 🙂 Too faced always creates the neatest colors…love the unique colors in this palette…

• January 14, 2017 / 1:42 pm

It’s pretty new as far as Too Faced’s palettes go so you’re not late to the party at all! I’d definitely recommend it though, I haven’t been disappointed thus far. They’re a great mix of neutrals, cool, and warm tones so they have shades for everyone really! 🙂

16. Anosa
    January 14, 2017 / 4:41 am

Though I have heard of Two Faced I have not used them before but love that you love this.

• January 14, 2017 / 1:41 pm

I absolutely love the brand! Would definitely recommend! 🙂

• January 15, 2017 / 1:10 am

It’s so cute and I can confirm it actually does. Hope you get the chance to try it out somewhere down the line!

17. January 15, 2017 / 2:34 am